Tuesday 11 November 2014

Young Guard forming up...


Another work in progress shot of my Young Guard Tiralleur Brigade, now on their bases and grouted. The three Batallions of recruits have now joined the veteran battalion in the foreground (based back in 2012). The minis were painted by David Davies with some finishing and weathering by me.

I've already painted a few test minis for a first Guard Voltiguer Battalion; this has to be done! A matching Brigade of Voltiguers would be a fine thing, they have great red flags that would complement the above.

8 comments:

  1. Looking good. I like the idea of using plastics to fill up the ranks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks- almost all of this collection will be plastic. I really like the Perry plastics and the Victirx Garde plastics. Every time I pick up a box, it's a pleasant surprise!

      Delete
  2. Very nice.. When exactly do you sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vey, very impressive job Simon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking nice and great to see some Napoleonics again (says the man who hardly painted any this year!) !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Burkhard! I really "binge" with Napoleonics, there is something deeply addictive about them. The crack cocaine of the wargaming world!

      Delete